· By Kenneth Lin
BOOP Guide: Our 10 Favorite Quick & Easy Gluten-Free Snacks
Whether you're looking for something to pack in your little one's lunch box or just want a quick and easy snack for yourself, gluten-free nibbles are a must — and we've got you covered with these 10 quick and easy gluten-free snacks that will have you feeling full and satisfied.
So if you're ready to munch on something delicious but don't have a lot of time to spare, read on for some gluten-free snacking ideas that are sure to hit the spot!
1. BOOP Cookies
First on the list is none other than our soft-baked cookies. Made with whole-grain rolled oats, organic flax seeds, and dates from California, these sweet treats are naturally gluten-free.
But that's not all — our cookies are also dairy-free, soy-free, and non-GMO.
In short, if you're looking for a quick and easy gluten-free snack to take on the go, look no further than a BOOP.
2. Quinoa Pizza Bites
Who said pizza isn't a healthy snack? These quinoa pizza bites are the perfect snack for those who love pizza but are looking for a healthier, gluten-free option. They're made with quinoa, so they're packed with protein and fiber. Plus, they only require a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
- To get started, first preheat your oven to 375°F. Then combine cooked quinoa, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce (or pesto!), and Italian seasoning in a large bowl until everything is evenly mixed.
- Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper and form the quinoa mixture into small pizza bites.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, then top with your favorite vegan cheese or herbs and bake for an additional five minutes.
Once finished, your gluten-free quinoa pizza bites are ready to be devoured. Enjoy!
3. Apple Chips
Making apple chips at home is a fun and easy way to enjoy a nutritious gluten-free snack. All you need are two ingredients — apples and cinnamon.
Simply slice the apples into thin slices (try using a mandoline slicer for even pieces), spray lightly with water, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake in the oven on low heat. After about an hour or so, you'll have delicious homemade apple chips.
Serve them as a snack, add them to salads, or just eat them plain — endless possibilities!
Pro Tip: Want to make this yummy snack even better? Whip up a batch of apple dip. Combine greek yogurt and peanut butter with a drizzle of honey and a handful of BOOP crumbles. Trust us — your tastebuds will thank you later!
4. Loaded Avocado Toast
Avocados are rich in healthy fats, which help keep us fuller for longer. Plus, they taste delicious when mashed on top of gluten-free toast topped with sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper.
You can level up your avocado toast even more by loading it with sliced tomatoes, a layer of hummus, some pine nuts, or chopped cucumber — anything your taste buds desire.
The best part about this snack? You can prepare it within minutes — perfect when you're short on time but still crave something yummy yet gluten-free at the same time.
5. Homemade Banana Granola Bars
Making your gluten-free granola bars is not only easy but also a whole lot of fun!
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and lightly greasing an 8x8 baking pan.
- Grab two or three ripe bananas, and mash them up in a bowl.
- Next, grab some oats (make sure they are certified gluten-free!), nuts, dried fruit, BOOP cookie crumbles, and any other ingredients you'd like in your granola bar — you can get creative here. Mix these in the bowl with the bananas, a bit of salt, and some honey.
- When the mixture is combined, spread it into the baking pan and press it down firmly with a spoon or spatula until evenly distributed throughout the pan. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Once your granola bars are done baking, let them cool completely before cutting them into bars, and enjoy!
6. Smoothie Bowls
Who says smoothies have to come in cups? Why not switch it up by pouring your favorite gluten-free smoothie mixture into a bowl? For extra texture and flavor, top it off with fresh fruit slices and crunchy granola.
Pro Tip: Have a sweet tooth? Crumble up a BOOP cookie and add that into the mix (you're welcome).
7. Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are not only gluten-free and delicious, but they're also incredibly easy to make, and you can even take them on the go for those non-stop days. You only need one can of chickpeas (drain and rinse them first), some olive oil, your favorite spices, and a bit of time in the oven.
The result? Crispy perfection that's packed with all kinds of flavor. Plus, they make a great healthy snack or topping for salads, soups, wraps — you name it!
8. Stuffed Strawberries
Gluten-free stuffed strawberries are a sweet treat you can make and enjoy in no time! With just three simple ingredients, you'll be able to whip up this tasty snack with ease.
Enjoy them as an afternoon nibble or serve them up for a sweet bite after dinner — however you choose to enjoy these delicious little morsels, we guarantee they'll bring smiles all around.
Here's how to make them:
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Discard the fruit or save it to add to your favorite smoothie.
- In a small bowl, mix nut or seed butter and chia seeds until they're combined.
- Spoon the mixture into each strawberry, filling them up generously.
- Place in the refrigerator for one hour before serving so the chia seeds can absorb the moisture and soften.
Fun Fact: Did you know that chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber? That's why we bake this wholesome ingredient into our perfectly sweet and subtly tart BOOP cookies!
9. Energy Bites
Gluten-free energy bites are the perfect snack for when you need a pick-me-up. Packed full of nutritious ingredients like oats, nuts, honey, and dried fruit, they're sure to fill you up while still being light and easy to eat on the go.
Not only that, but they taste great, too! With just a few simple steps, you can make a batch of these delicious snacks in no time.
- Start by combining all your dry ingredients in a bowl — this could be rolled oats, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, your favorite kinds of nuts or seeds, shredded coconut, and chopped dried fruits.
- Once everything is mixed well, it's time to add some wet ingredients to help it all stick together (think nut butter, honey, and a splash of coconut water). Now it's time to get your hands in there and mix everything until it forms a sticky dough.
- Next comes the fun part: rolling! Take a spoonful of the mixture at a time and roll them into bite-sized balls using your hands before placing them on some baking paper and sticking them in the fridge to set.
- Once they're ready, store them in an airtight container to stay fresh.
Enjoy your gluten-free energy bites as a healthy snack whenever you need an energy boost. They're perfect for on-the-go snacking and so easy to make — the only hard part is stopping yourself from eating them all in one go!
Pro Tip: If you want to give your energy bites an extra special touch, dip them in melted dark chocolate or drizzle them with some melted peanut butter before putting them in the fridge to set.
10. PB&J Rice Paper Wraps
If you love a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but you don’t love gluten-free bread, do not fear — some PB&J rice paper wraps just might hit the spot.
Simply grab some rice paper sheets, and dip each one lightly in a bowl of water so that it becomes soft and moldable. Spread some peanut butter, or your favorite nut or seed butter, onto each sheet, and top with jam or jelly.
Roll each sheet up tight, and enjoy — this idea is fast and easy as can be!
The Final Word
Whether you're trying to eat gluten-free out of necessity or to support your general health, there's no reason why snacking should be anything less than enjoyable — especially when you have these quick and easy snack ideas!
From roasted chickpeas to stuffed strawberries to BOOP cookies, there’s something for everyone.
BOOP Bakery™ believes cookies are better off enjoyed than locked away in a cookie jar. BOOP created a line of craveable, soft-baked cookies that allow health-conscious consumers and cookie connoisseurs alike to indulge without the guilt that comes with most processed sweets and treats. BOOP set out to bake delicious, wholesome, craveable cookies everyone can freely enjoy any time of day, whenever, wherever, whyever, proving no moment is too small for a BOOP!
Chia seeds pack nutritional punch | Mayo Clinic Health System
Quinoa | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Gluten Intolerance: Symptoms, Test, Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity | Cleveland Clinic